Thursday, January 21, 2010

List of the Day: Stealing or Honoring?

Ok, so there is a "certain transgression" I must admit to. I stole my post name, ackMERMAN, from my cousin. Now that doesn't mean I'm a thief, I have my reasons. First of all we share the same last name the nickname is in reference to, but that's not the point. Second of all the aforementioned nickname was given to him by somebody else, which means that the complaining party really has no claim to their so-called property to begin with. Finally, I chose this name because I like it. I found it a clever nickname so I took it as my own (mainly because I didn't think any of my friends or extended family members would actually read this).

Which leads me to my point and the subject of this rant. Is it an honor when somebody copies something of yours, or is it just downright thievery? Now I'm not going to try to solve this age-old debate but I will add my opinion. People have influences, no matter what line of work your in, you are going to be influenced by somebody who has done it before you. So why not acknowledge those influences.

Which now leads us to the list of the day - Top 10 Remakes of all time. Brought to you by Film School Rejects.

And if anybody out there has any films they think should be on the list or their opinion on the matter, I encourage you to leave your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment